My Wonderful day at Opal Plumstead Book Launch!!!

Posted by on October 19, 2014

I was fortunate enough to be one of the lucky winners of the Jacqueline Wilson poster design competition. I’ve just arrived home from the event, and it was AMAZING!!! 

It took place at the RNCM theatre in Manchester. My sister took me there(she used to read J.W books when she was younger). Before we went into the event-room, we bought two pre-signed copies of Opal Plumstead, the new book. One for me, and one for the school library. I also purchased My Secret Diary as they were selling copies of her other books, too. We then entered the event-room…

We only had to wait a couple of minutes until Jacqueline went onto the stage. She started by telling us that she loved Manchester and that she actually wrote the script for the statue of the little girl holding the book that was built there. Jacky then talked about how she came to be an author, after writing numerous newspaper articles for her magazine, Jackie. Her ‘breakthrough’ was Tracy Beaker, I wonder if you’ve read the trilogy? I found it very intresting to hear about her past. She was really nice and had a goog sense of humour.

Towards the end of the talk, we were asked if we had any questions. I was too shy to put my hand up, but someone asked my question anyway. 

On the way out of the theatre, everyone was given a goodie-bag which included: a magazine; a bendy ruler; a notebook; some Opal stickers; an Opal t-shirt; a keyring; a postcard; a coupon for a J.W beanbag chair; a mini notepad and, finally, a two-colour pen.

I really enjoyed seeing my favorite author live and I had an incredible time. 

Thanks for reading,

bye!…

12 Responses to My Wonderful day at Opal Plumstead Book Launch!!!

1. Mrs McFarlane

Aw! Sounds wonderful! So glad you had a good time!

2. lottiedistrict

Thank you, it was fabulous!!! 🙂

3. Avadistrict

That sounds brill. PS. I love your jaket

4. Ms Barrow

What a fantastic opportunity, well done to you!

5. lottiedistrict

Thank you, Ms Barrow!!! 🙂

6. lottiedistrict

Thanks Ava, it was brill! 🙂 🙂 🙂

7. maryjaynedistrict

glad you had fun.

8. lottiedistrict

Oops! I meant GOOD sense of humour… 🙂